Thursday, October 7, 2010

Thursday

The above shot I took on a sunny day in July at Chambers Creek Golf course. I was playing with reflections. This was marsh reflecting the beautiful blue sky :) This pic makes me happy...oh and more of my wheaty grassy stuff :)

I chaired a meeting at my new home group the other night. It went great. This was my home group when I first moved here from California 16yrs ago. Being all of 18 and 18 months sober at the time, this was a great group for me to get connected with. I was newly sober, and just moved away from my whole support system. The women of this group surrounded me with numbers, love and support. It stayed my home group for 3.5 yrs until I moved too far away. I learned so much about recovery at the Narrows group, service positions, chairing meetings, 1st steps with new comers, birthday nights, traditions, the meeting after the meeting, fellowship... such great memories I have always dropped in from time to time and its a home coming. I am always warmly greeted by this group. Years later now, I am back. I am official there. It feels so good. There were 2 new young women there this Tuesday. I am so grateful to of gotten the opportunity to meet them and exchange numbers with them. One girl almost has a year and she is 21 :) the other has 3 weeks. I am really excited for this new venture.

9 more days and I am getting married. Still so much to do. Oh wow... guess that's normal even when its just eloping... I got my dress. I love it. Have to find shoes. Also Keith has to get his outfit lol ooh guys... sorry but guys suck at this kind of thing.

Anyway lots of work to do thought I would check in and say hi
full of gratitude

1 comment:

steveroni said...

Happily married, no doubt, and may many years see you that way. And I suppose that is why YOU are not blogging at this moment.

Wish my reasons for not blogging now were as blissful, but I just got tired of it--but do, DO miss it, ya know?

Happy holidays to you and yours!

PEACE!
(Ain't sobriety GREAT during holiday time--and all other time too?)