Thursday, September 23, 2010

easing into things again

I got a lot of phone calls this morning from some of my girlfriends and it was really nice. Life is life and we all get busy and it can pull us different directions, which it has for all of us. Its nice to have conversations and NO drama like, Why havent you called me? Its nice to just pick up where you left off.

Work is work, and my time card thing is irritating me to death, my new email is too, amoung other things... but I repeat many times each day, I am grateful to have a job I am grateful to have a job I am grateful to have a job.

My daughter's jazz band is going so well her band teacher wants her to learn a new instrument. She wants to too! I am so proud of her! She has really grown and matured a lot in the last year. I am especially grateful she is NOT doing the things I was doing when I was her age. You do not get to be sober 17yrs at 34 yrs old by being a good kid at 12. Oh no I was a wild child to the extreme. She is a great kid. Annd check this out, she appreciates me too... WOW she tells me things like, Mom, I am so glad you are my mom. I am lucky to have a mom like you. I am so lucky to have a mom who cares about me... those words make me feel indescribably happy!

One more day and I am out of this little apartment. YAY. So glad. really, apartment living is NOT for me. Not because I am a snob... or maybe I am - but my point is, I have not lived in an apartment for over 10 years, it has been a shock to! Inconsiderate neighbors, loud, banging, no parking, people leaving trash right next to the dumpster, just to name a few .... oh wow
So by this time tomorrow I will be unpacking and getting settled in.

OK Break should be over back at it now

No comments: